More than 130,000 students come to Canada to study every year. Foreign students bring a rich culture to our classrooms as well as knowledge and skills that are welcome in our schools.
The provinces regulate education and schools in Canada. A Study Permit is not required for a course or program in Canada with a duration of six months or less. More information on study permits can be found on the following link:
- International Student Study Permit Renewal Guide and Form
- Study Permit Renewal Process
- Apply to Study in Canada
- Study Permit Application
Study Permit Re-Application Process
For general information about how to extend your stay in Canada as a student, please visit the following web page:
Below is our Step-By-Step guide:
1. Obtain a Canadian bank account statement within the week you are paying to extend your permit.
2. Obtain a CIC re-application package and a pink receipt form from the International Education office.
3. Please take the pink receipt form to any bank and pay the application fee for the permits (Study Permit – $125 each, Visitor Permit – $75 each). Add up the family total and write it in all three boxes. Write the primary applicant’s information on the back of the receipt.
4. Gather all necessary documents on the study permit re-application checklist (IMM 5555) and send the package by mail to Citizenship and Immigration Canada in Vegreville, Alberta.
5. After the new study permit arrives, you must bring it into the International Education Office to extend your medical coverage
Students enrolled at elementary schools must reside with parent(s). Students in Middle School and Secondary School and under the age of 19 years must have completed two additional documents before a...more information
MSP - Care Card All international students are required to have medical coverage as a condition of their acceptance in the International Education Program. All international students must report...more information
REFUND POLICY FOR PROGRAM FEES: All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the International Education Program, School District 43 (Coquitlam). Refund requests must include the original...more information
Acceptance in the International Education Program and subsequent placement in a school will be determined by the applicant's educational and behavioral background and present academic...more information
To confirm your place in the school, pay the fees according to your Letter of Offer. Fees can be paid by bank-transfer, money-order, certified cheque, VISA or Mastercard. Program Fee Information...more information
Homestay in Coquitlam School District is more than just food and lodging - it is a chance to take part in all aspects of family life. We believe that our students will feel that they really do have a...more information
Current Forms for International Education Programs The following forms can be downloaded for your convenience. Should you have any questions regarding our programs and application process please...more information